"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Tonight

Tuki stated at the supper table that she was NOT going to be nice tonight. Guess what, she wasn't. Every chance she had she was naughty and sassy. She is now in bed, sent there early by me...My Goodness, what I am in for if at 4 1/2 years she CHOOSES to be naughty and sticks with it. GOD help me when she is 14 1/2!!!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

That's a really rough age / stage. My youngest will be five in a couple of weeks & he has been such a little monster lately. He chooses to be naughty or sassy for no apparent reason too. I can't wait until he is six! I know this is hard but hopefully they get over it soon. I know I was over it a long time ago.

I know this isn't nice to say but I am happy someone else is experiencing a four year old that is making them crazy. It's going to get better soon. (I hope)

Not Betty Crocker said...

Samuel does the same thing but he's 5. I'm hoping Laurie is right and this is over by the age of 6.

My Travels