"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Fun Day at CWES

Our friend M invited us to CWES today, an environmental station near our town. It was 32 degrees which felt like a heat wave compared to earlier in the week.

Ve & Mim at raptor program

M & Tuki

a dark phase rough-legged hawk

peregrine falcon

saw-whet owl in a tree stump

a long-eared owl

Just a few years ago, I too, use to travel the state giving programs with non-releasable birds of prey, so sometimes it can be difficult watching others' programs thinking how I would or did it differently. I told the girls today that I use to do this and they were surprised. It amazes me how little they know about my past life. I better get going in educating them about Mom- pre-kids.

group shot

the horse driven sleigh ride

playing with babies

on the sleigh

snow-shoeing

M & Tuks

the threesome
we did alot of this, tightening the straps...it takes patience teaching kids outdoor adventures, but it does payoff in the long run

Tuki tired, so M carried her back to the lodge

1 comment:

Marta said...

Haha my kids are really bad about my "previous life" but my boys were the same way, I think it's just a kid thing. Still, it's good to educate them, they do need to somehow realize they are not the epicenter of the universe, lol

My Travels