"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Cautiously Optimistic

The second surgery was conducted with a general sedative rather than a local, so Tuki had to go through the full inpatient, surgery, prep ordeal. She did well and the only time her bravery faltered was when she first laid eyes on me once she had woke from the surgery. I knew she was terrified under all her bravery when we arrived at the hospital and she said "I am scared, I will stay in the van" The Doc said he is cautiously optimistic that it won't grow back, BUT if it does than he will have to remove the first knuckle of the toe, so I sure hope it doesn't come to that. Her re-check is Monday, June 25th.

the beginning of the surgery with both Bear Bears
one of the nurses helping getting the Bear Bears ready for Surgery too
Doc Williams checking in
marking and signing the toe
see the elongated growth on the toe
the anesthesiologists wheeling her away
post surgery bandage
I sang her "me cielo" song that I sang to her when she'd get upset when she was a baby. It still works, and she calmed down immediately
taking her IV out
resting at home

No comments:

My Travels