"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Turned 48 today

and to celebrate we continued to clean the basement (it is looking real nice BTW) and canned 8 quarts of pickles. I also went to the doctors twice. Once for my weekly allergy shot and once for an examination of a lump in my right breast. On Monday, Aug 8 & Tuesday Aug 9, I will be having a mammogram, ultrasound and meeting with a surgeon to discuss the possibilities from the results of Monday's appointment. I figure since 2011 has been such a banner year, I might as well celebrate my birthday with a lump....I call this year a one step forward, two step backward year....and naturally it down poured rain all morning continuing to flood my yard, garden and chicken pen. I will say the highlights of today have been a handmade birthday card from Tuki, a store bought card and a bag of snickers from Mim, and a good heart pumping workout this morning.

Sorry this blog is such a downer lately, I just can't seem to find Polly lately and lately I am tired of trying to find her. LOL

In addition the girls are attending VBS (Vacation Bible School) in the mornings all week. Mim is a student helper for a kindergarten class (she says she hopes to be a kindergarten teacher so this will be a good test for her) and Ve and Tuki are attending their own classes. The lesson on Monday was Gratitude and today's was Compassion. So far, they are loving it!!!

3 comments:

Calico Sky said...

Gosh yo have had a hard time. I'll be praying the lump is nothing!

Jane said...

Well a belated happy birthday to you! My sister had a lump scare last year. Needle biopsy revealed no cancerous cells. Praying you have nothing to treat as well!!

Laurie said...

Happy Belated B-day! Thinking about you today & hope you hear good news.

Laurie

My Travels