"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day

The girls were so cute last night quietly planning my Mother's Day breakfast. It was yogurt with pumpkin seeds, almonds and peanuts and a side of fruit cocktail. It was oh so good. Then I opened the cards and gifts. What really touched me was how much planning went into the whole event. I and Mim then went back to bed for a nap and the wee ones played dress - up in the living room. I got up really refreshed, we ate spaghetti for lunch and then tilled half the garden. The second half will be finished Wednesday night. I have plants that are ready to go in the ground but it is predicted to freeze tonight so it wont hurt to wait another week.

This week we will be busy with softball practice and games on three nights, and then 2 games on Saturday. Ve and Tuki are on different teams this summer, so I may be running in three different directions on any given night. I am still deciding whether I plan to let Mim play or not,..it has to do with teenagitiis, she is on a team, has a uniform, but I am still undecided whether her behavior deserves the fun of playing softball all summer.

Right now, and I blame myself because I allowed her to do it the minute she came home, she plays 4 sports a year. I allowed her because she is always playing catch-up in skills, so she really didn't have much time to wait. But, the problem is she thinks this "normal or typical". All kids play this many sports every year. She doesn't realize that she is actually an exception to what most kids do. But then again what does she have it to compare to, nothing....so she tends to take it for granted and doesn't realize the sacrifice we make as a family to get her to everything she wants to do and support her in the events...so I am starting to pull her back a little hoping she learns some appreciation. She isn't liking it, but oh well, better to learn now that you can't have everything you think you want in life.

Mim doesn't like consequences when she behaves badly, it sometimes even rolls over into her school life. She doesn't like consequences at school either, and she has even stated that I could get her out of them if I wanted to. Which is true, but I won't, and she hates that. Somehow she has a disconnect that it was HER behavior that got her into trouble, not my lack of helping, that landed her the consequence.

She also demands to have her 16 year old rights, but as two very close friends told me immediately upon me sharing this with them.."She has no rights until she moves out of the house"....so again it is being obedient, respectful, and appreciative to the rest of us even when she doesn't have a consequence hanging over her head. We will get there some day, hopefully sooner than later.

Hopefully my last pre-op appointment is scheduled for tomorrow. On June 11, my "nip and tuck" surgery is scheduled. I fondly call it this because it is the surgery in which I will get all my "parts" back and the surgeons will do a final construction on my breasts and clean up the old incision lines where they took the previous grafts. I will only be in the hospital a night or two, not nearly as long as the previous surgeries.

No comments:

My Travels