"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Today

I am sitting here in the hospital in Milwaukee, recovering from my last reconstruction surgery. It has been an journey. It has lasted 2 years, but now I am coming out at the other end. My friend Barb will be picking me up today around noon, and then I will be heading home. Grandma stayed over with the girls the last two nights since I was at a conference in Madison before I drove to Milwaukee yesterday. They ended keeping me over night since I was vomiting in excess as I was waking up.

I had fat grafting to finish constructing  my breasts,and guess where they got the fat, right leg, right and left hips.. I am oozing now and will have to wear a girdle for 3 weeks, but will come out a slimmer bustier beauty. On Dec 23 rd I am scheduled for a chemical peel on my face..yes, as my sister states..just call me plastic, but I call it making lemonade from lemons and maybe a 50 yrs old mid-life crisis.

Tomorrow is Tuki's first BB tourney..we'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Hope you're recuperating well and that Tuki won her game! Can't wait to see a pic of the new you although I'm not excited about your journey there. Hope you and your family have a very merry!

My Travels