"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Garden planting and more

It's 4:18pm, we have just finished 3 1/2 hours of planting our garden in the heat of the day. whew, I am so glad the process of chicken coop cleaning, spreading on the garden, then tilling and finally planting is finished. The whole process takes about 3 - 4 weekends worth of work, and we got it planted before June 1st...speaking of chickens, we just threw a 5 gallon bucket of organic eggs (8 dozen) back to the chickens today for munching on and have been for the last 3 weekends..we have surplus, anyone want to buy a dozen of organic eggs for $2.50/dozen, give us a jingle, post or email....

We planted beets, lettuce, chard, leeks, green and purple cabbage, sunflowers, tomatoes - many varieties, peppers- many varieties, cucumbers- many varieties, butternut and summer squash, broccoli, pole and bush beans, carrots, oregano, basil, cilantro, dill and melon..and in another smaller side garden because they are monsters when growing are jack--lantern, big max, blue and sweet pie pumpkins.

Ve finally has been identified as needing speech and language help so we finally have a 3 year plan to help with her processing...yah!!! Hopefully we will get her all figured out before she hits junior high.

I applied and got an interview for an elementary principal. Fifty -two people applied, twenty were interviewed. I heard I had done a good job, but I am not licensed yet, so I didn't get called for the second round of interviews. I thought I interviewed much better this time than I did a year or so ago, so I am improving.

 Mim's birthday celebration
 the three amigos on a paddle boat at cousin N's pond
 Tuki and her softball photos


 photos of our hibiscus in bloom
Mim's 4  x 4 relay qualified for Sectionals, but then they placed 5th at Sectionals, and only the top 3 teams qualify. Her 4 x 4 team did run a PR, around a 4:09, but not fast enough.

We have one full week of school left, a week off, and then summer school begins. All the girls are taking summer school, but I am taking my last three administration classes.

No comments:

My Travels