"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Our Cup Runneth Over

Last week Saturday I was diagnosed with Lyme's disease. Within hours of starting the antibiotics I entered into a state of delirious h@@@. I was cognitive enough to meet the girls needs, but mainly I was laid out flat with a TREMENDOUS headache along with the chills and fevers. It wasn't until I broke the fever by wrapping myself in blankets and sweatshirts, 6 hours later, that I started feeling better. The whole time the girls played along side of me. I was MORE than impressed and gained a lot more appreciation for my two daughters for how understanding they were. Each day over this past week I have gained my strength back and all is back to normal again. WHEW!!! Let's just say Lyme's' disease sucks!!!! and BIG Thank you to my friend W for taking the girls for a few hours on Sunday so that I can rest. It is always nice to know one has friends that can be counted on in a pinch.

I included a few photos from our past week.


The five baby Phoebe's last week in their nest before fledgling during mid-week. I am always surprised that the nest holds them as long as it does.


The girls working and playing together..very cute to watch


New flowers are blooming

in the different gardens

and a trip to a local waterfall with their cousin N on a cool day.


posing for the camera


the trio



climbing on the rocks


some scenery

goofy pose


a surprise visit to a ice cream shop


yum, yum...they slept all the way home

5 comments:

Not Betty Crocker said...

Oh my goodness! How awful! I'm so glad you're feeling better. Take care of yourself.

And good grief, where were y'all when the girls had jackets on in those pictures? In July?

We've been in the 100's the entire month of July. I cannot imagine donning a jacket right now. Although, Macdala did throw a fit because I wouldn't let her wear flannel, footed pajamas to bed last night. LOL

Marta said...

wow, great photos, horrific diagnosis, glad you are better!

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh! You poor thing! I hope you are feeling better today. What an awful ordeal.

The photos are adorable. I'm hoping we have warmer weather this week. Poor Miles was bundled up all weekend. Welcome to Wisconsin, kid!

veggiemom said...

Glad you're on the mend. Love the pics!!!

Calico Sky said...

So sorry you were so ill, poor you! I can empathize well as I have swine flu at the moment! Beautiful pictures, it is so nice to "meet" someone else who loves the great outdoors!

My Travels