"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day weekend

We had a very busy 3 day weekend. In addition to all the activity, I came down with a cold. I am sure due to the adjustment back to working, and then being exposed to all the kids.

On Saturday, we helped my neighbor A move to another neighborhood. I am VERY sad to see him move, but I do intend to stay in touch weekly, so we should be OK. Then on Sunday we took the girls to a local fair. It was Ve's first time on rides and in her true fashion, she handled it well. Then today we did a lot of stuff around home, and then headed over to Neighbor A's new house to help move a few things and have a cook out. Busy but fun weekend.

The three ever ready bunnies..singly they are energetic, but together it is almost off the wall. (The girls made their Tye-dye shirt and dress a daycare,)


One the dragon roller coaster


whirl-la whirl


enjoying themselves



When these two get together, they sometimes almost exclude Tuks..makes me upset, but Tuks

handles it like this...she basically says ..I want to do it all by myself..good for her independent personality..there won't be anyone influencing her behavior..because she'll show them. LOL


beautiful Ve

3 comments:

Jane said...

OH! That looks like a FUN time!

Jane said...

Come over and see your Kreativ Blogger award at my place!

Salzwedel Family said...

I'd love to meet you and your girls some time. We were at the fair Friday night and had a blast.

My Travels