"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Nine Months

Today marks the 9th month home for Ve. As I have stated in earlier posts, we have/had been working on some issues, and I have to say we are making HUGE strides in the right direction. She has been completely dry (overnight) now for about 3 weeks. Her truth telling is more forth coming and the lies less frequent.

She is making big leaps in kindergarten. It is fun to watch because now she tells me what letters she is working on, and what words/items begin with the letters. I LOVE it!!!!

She is sweet, fun loving, and full of energy and a perfect sister for Tuks as well as a perfect daughter for me. Her English is great. Tuks and Ve enter into imaginative play all the time. I really enjoy listening to them interact and say "my sister" when referring to the other. I feel our family is settling down well, I guess so well that we just may be ready for the upheaval from the addition of another child, namely Mim...


This picture is important because the value Ve places on Hubble the cat. She absolutely adores him. The minutes she gets in the door after being gone she needs to find him. Hubble thinks she is pretty special too, so much that he is beginning to sleep on her bed. Ve is in her glory when he does that.


This just captures Ve's spirit..cheerful with a hint of shyness.

3 comments:

veggiemom said...

Happy 9 months!!! I'm so happy that there is such great progress for Ve and all of you as a family! Hope your family is all together very soon!

Steph, G's Mom said...

She looks great! what a happy fam! I hope Mim is home to complete it really soon :)

Sarah said...

Happy Nine Months! I am so happy to hear that big leaps and strides are happening--gives a lot of hope and positive thinking for the rest of us dealing with adjustment issues :)

Love all the pics!

My Travels