"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Over, but not out

Well our Christmas vacation is over. Tomorrow we start on busy street again. This break was good for all of us, but most especially for Mim feeling more comfortable with our family.

She says she is beautiful whenever she has all this on..Where does she get it from..surely not from me...



I also started to assign more daily chores for the girls. They all need to make their beds, we rotate on who does dishes each night, and yes, Tuki is in the rotation. They are starting to help set table as well as clean the table (they have been doing this for some time). I will be adding more as I feel Mim has adjusted better, and the other two are older and can handle more responsibility.

The little girly attitudes....

The clothes were purchased at Goodwill as a Christmas present...best investment that I have ever made.The girls LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!!!!

I have attached photos of the girls. Tuki and Ve play dress-up ALL the time.
With the accumulations of crowns, high heel, make-up, dress-up clothes and jewelry, they go all out when ever we are home...All I can say is that I hope this not indicative of my future with these two....LOL



All three dancing in the living room. See the BIG pink house behind Mim? Well that is a Barbie doll house that was given to the girls by by brother's girlfriend J. Over Christmas and birthdays the girls accumulated a total of 20+ Barbies..and now they have a house as well. SPOILED......, but worth it!!!

Mim wanted me to take her picture as well. She doesn't play dress-up, but is now more of couch potato with the TV. It reminds me of Ve at the same time last year. I let her watch as much as she wanted to and now it is not such a big deal and her English is pretty darn good, if I must say so my self. Mim's English is budding as well.


Starting this week, along with school (theirs and mine) and homework, Mim will have basketball two nights a week (she really begged to do this), all three will continue to attend AWANA, Tuki will go back to YMCA gymnastics, and Ve will finish up her YMCA basketball that lasts another two months. BUSY BUSY BUSY...I am tired just reading this. I also hope I will have the energy to want to work-out at the Y at least 3 times a week while I nurse the plantar fasciitis that sprang up just before Mim came home.

Oh well, my blogging may drop in frequency, but I will be back now and then to keep our on-line journal active...

2 comments:

Life in Fitzville said...

It's funny... I did the same thing with Pipo as far as TV goes. Some people thought I was nuts (and told me so!) to let him watch so much, but he picked up English SO quickly, and the novelty wore off fast too.

Mim looks so happy, glad things are settling in for you.

Marta said...

love the dress up idea. That gives me some ideas...

My Travels