"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Yesterday, 1st day of school

FIRST A QUESTION

A Question--Why is it OK for home schooling parents to constantly criticize and complain about public schools and public school teachers YET, it seems we, the public school and teachers can't even utter one word of disdain for homeschooling for fear we will offend homeschooling parents, yet we teachers have to stand and take it, and shut our mouths when we are bashed....so again why is this the case? IMHO, If you want to be critical in nature, then believe me you can find something or someone to criticise. If have an open-minded, accepting nature, then you will find many things/people to be open-minded, and accepting about, it is all in how one decides to view their world.

In my opinion, there are positives and negatives for both types of schooling, so please let's not always rag on school teachers, I happen to like what I do, and work hard on being a good teacher. In addition, I know MANY other teachers who strive to be good teachers as well



A photo before they went into 3 different directions




Ve had a great day, well behaved, walked home without a hitch, loved her teachers and classmates. Ditto for today

Tuki's bus ride to and from 4k was less less desirable, an hour long each way, late for school, yet she enjoyed every minute of it. Today's ride much better, only 30 minutes long each way. She is a ALOT crabby when she gets home because the last few days have been the first ever that she is going without a nap, and it wears her out, crabs her up, yet she is loving going to school and riding a bus.

Mim had a rough day yesterday, she missed her 1st hour completely, late to many classes, and I helped her get onto her bus to CC practice at the high school. Luckily we as a school are very understanding of 7th graders the first few weeks. It is a hard transition, especially for one who only has 10 months of English under her belt. Today was better, tomorrow hopefully even better, but I won't be there to help since my endocrinologist appointment is tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

Janet said...

I have a great amount of respect for teachers! As you know I home schooled last year and the girls are back in school this year and loving it. My only problem is some of the not so nice habits they pick up at school and the sassy talking from one child.
My oldest daughter is almost finished with her degree for teaching so I support both!!

Jane said...

Just catching up on your blog after a month I think! Glad the girls are getting settled in school. And oh how I hope my C loves sports like your girls!
How was the endocrinologist appointment? Hope you get that thyroid "whipped into shape" soon. My sis has problems with that and says its exhausting...without kids!

My Travels