"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Friday, October 1, 2010

Something in the Air

I was working at school when I receive a call that Ve threw up at her school and I needed to go pick her up. This was bad on many levels, the obvious was that Ve was sick, the second was we were having a pep assembly at my school today and Mim along with the other choir members were going to sing the Star Spangled Banner at the pep assembly, Plus I found out later that Mim was in a fun competition and stood and recognized with the other CC team members at the assembly. I missed it all since I was home tending to Ve.

THEN, just before I go pick Tuki up from her school I get a call from my sister telling me that her FIL died and could I pick up N (my niece) for a while. So I go pick up Tuki and immediately see that she has a band-aid on her chin. Apparently a fellow daycare student smashed Tuki in the chin with a book. We then proceed to the hospital to pick up N, in which after drive to pick Mim up from CC practice. This is when I hear of all the other things she was involved with in the assembly. Mim is at an all time high and excited, N is at an all time low, sad and crying and Tuki is sitting holding N's hand the entire ride home. After N is at our home for a while she becomes more happy and seems to forget for a time the loss she has experienced today.

Once N leaves, I find out that Ve told a huge lie today (not due to with her being sick). I am mad, devastated because I thought she was getting past this, appalled at how elaborate her lies are becoming and scared at the thought that she can spin such a convincing lie and wonder what in the h@@@ are we going to do if she keeps this up. She is doing so well in so many areas, but just won't give up the lies..so we end our day in a web of lies, having to deal with it along with all the other highs and lows of the day. The worse of it is when I give out consequences for her lies, she super focuses on feeling sorry for herself, really, really sorry for herself rather than dwell on the poor choice she made....so she repeats the lying behavior all over again...

Today, I am FULL...just can't take anymore

1 comment:

Laurie said...

I hate lying. Wish I could give you some good advice but I have no idea how to deal with this either. Hugs.

My Travels