"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Saturday, October 2, 2010

We tried, it didn't work

Today was a dance clinic at a local high school. I quizzed Tuki (the dancer in the family) for weeks as to whether she wanted to go. Every time she said yes, so we spent the 40.00 and took her to the 10:00 - 2:00pm clinic. She headed in the doors this am with such a mature and confident walk. I thought for sure that my baby is growing too fast. At first, when we arrived, I would almost say she was drunk on giddiness with excitement and happiness, but it quickly turned to the worse. She wanted me, she melted down, didn't dance and only stood and cried. I left her to perform in hopes that the others' excitement would be catchy. It wasn't. She was crabby on the way home, and she just cried herself to sleep. She was apparently doing great until we showed up to watch her perform. I think she was overly tired, probably hungry, even tho she took a lunch. My baby still exists inside that growing little girl. She stilll needs her Mommy. No more dance clinics for awhile either.


No comments:

My Travels