"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, March 27, 2011

and the joy continues

So around noon yesterday, we loaded up the van and headed north to the waterpark 45 minutes away.

about, maybe 15 minutes into the ride, I could hear the engine making rattling sounds and knew immediately we were in trouble.

about 20 minutes in, the van stalled at the side of the freeway....and so we waited at least 30 plus minutes for a police car and then another 20 plus minutes for the tow truck.

Me?, well I am fuming because if you remember I just had my van in last Monday, for this same problem, paid over 150.00 to have it supposedly fixed and now we are stalled in less than 30 degree weather with 3 children along a freeway. Mix in the excitement that had been in the air in anticipation for the waterpark and you can imagine the mood. A bad week coupled with a really bad day.

Well the van was finally towed, $130.00 later to the Monday's mechanic shop, I am po'd, they give me loaner for a few days (empty of gas of course) since there was no mechanic at the shop anymore. I make sure they record the tow bill that I tell them I expect to be paid since again I remind them of the fact that supposedly I had this problem fixed last Monday. The tow man, the police officer and the mechanic shop guy all said the same thing. Take the loaner and go to the waterpark. I decided to go with their advice. We ended up having a great time, stayed late, had supper and are now at peace today. But we didn't make it to church again since we slept late.

And naturally in keeping with yesterday's luck, I did bring my camera, but when I locked up my purse in the locker, I left my camera inside the purse, inside the locker and I was just too irritated to retrieve it. So unlike me, but par for the course this week, we have no pictures to capture yesterday's memorable moments.

and school begins tomorrow, and the weather is predicted to be in the 45 degree range and we still have that matter of a van not working that needs to be fixed and naturally paid for....so here's hoping for much better weeks to come...

No comments:

My Travels