"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Weekend of Firsts


On Saturday our local Movie Theater had a $2.00 matinee showing Cats & Dogs 2. This was a big deal since Ve and Mim had never been to a Movie Theater before and the last time Tuki was there was when she was 2 1/2, and I had to leave early because she was frightened of the big screen and started crying inconsolably. Yesterday was a big success, Tuki was still a little scared and a little restless, but with two big tubs of popcorn (free refills), she along with her two sisters loved the movie and theater. They will have matinees every 2 weeks until the end of April, so I imagine we may be attending often. The hens are laying at least 20+ eggs daily now and I have been selling them for $2.00/dozen, so we are using this egg money for our movie adventures. It works out all around.


The other first was me forgetting to turn our clocks one hour ahead last night. Mim even mentioned it and we discussed the reason behind, and yet I still forgot. So, when did I remember? Well of course, on the way to church this morning. I had the quick remembrance en route and soon realized that we were arriving at church one hour later than we normally do. Mim and I heard about 10 minutes of the sermon, and we had to walk into the ongoing service knowing that everyone knew the reason for our tardiness.... it was funny and sad all wrapped in one. I have NEVER forgot to switch my clocks before, and yet here I was forgetting....age, business, worry, I may never know, but I made sure to switch them as soon as we arrived home so we can start our week out on time..


And....the snow is melting today, and the week is predicted to be in the 40's everyday...now that is a true blessing and maybe not a first first, but a good first to 2011 spring arrival.


1 comment:

Jane said...

Yay for the movie! (We've made it through 2 movies so far.) Boo to Daylight Savings Time!

My Travels