"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Summer is over, fall is around the corner

Since summer is officially over I have decided to recap on all the activities and events that had occurred in the past 3 months.

ALL OF US:
*Vacation to Louisiana, camping and Cedarburg
*Cleaning of the house top to bottom
*yard work
*garden work
*rehabilitation of an orphan opossum and an orphan gray squirrel (neither released yet since still too young)
*cleaning out A's house

Mim:
*running camp
*basketball camp
*swimming lessons
*vacation bible school
*read 25 books
*running daily

Ve:
*tennis lessons
*skating lessons
*vacation bible school
*read books nightly

Tuki :
*tennis lesson
*skating lessons
*vacation bible school
*toe surgery
*read books nightly

Me:
*worked out nearly daily
*breast surgery - which by the way I was diagnosed with lobular carcinoma in scitu, which means I had a form of contained abnormal cells and this is a marker that I have a greater risk (double the typical) chance of getting cancer in my future. I am meeting with the oncologist next week to discuss my three possible options.. I am considered quite the risk since my Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer at 34 and then eventually died from cancer at 50. So once again I am trying not to worry, until I understand the complete picture.
*read 16 books

This fall besides school, our activities will include:

Me:
*waking at 4:30am for my workout, I have been doing this for a week now and all is good. It energizes me for the day
*possibly taking Rembrandt to agility class
*taking classes to obtain my administration license and a second Master's degree (I really don't want another Masters, but it is only the way keep the door open for maybe a Doctorate someday, which is something I have always wanted to pursue)

Mim:
*Cross Country running
*Youth group at church

Ve:
*skating

*Tuki:
*skating
*Spanish lessons

All of us:
*Family Reunion
*Finish harvesting and preserving from the garden
*getting the yard ready for winter
*getting a good roof on top of the chicken coop

1 comment:

Jane said...

Sounds like a great summer! I didn't realize you were so close to us in LA - well much closer than usual anyway!
I'm thinking of you as you consider your medical options, hoping there is a clear choice for you. Please let us know how that oncology meeting goes.

My Travels