"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, April 21, 2013

snowing again today

I am not motivated to say much else since this is totally depressing...

another not so high note is I am now in my third week of being treated for Lyme disease and its co-infections, apparently so far I have been found to be positive for erhliciosis (which I knew) and now also rocky mountain spotted fever. My follow up visit is May 1st so I will find out what other lovlies I have. My allergy issues, the sore feet and aches and pains and my thyroid were all brought on by this disease that has been lurking in my body for these past years. One thing the doc said is that I may have had it since I was in my 20's, another time that I was symptomatic but the local doc said no based on my nose discharge, so no treatment....One thing for sure is that I have lost faith in my local town's medical system with all my health issues these last 4 years.

I am refinancing my home since the rate is so low, the appraisers are coming Thursday so we are furiously cleaning..I know it doesn't make a difference, but I don't like people coming into my house when it is dirty..I have been wanting to move for years, but since I have about 1-1/2 years until I have my principals' license I figure I might as well not move until I get an administration job. I am open to anywhere within the state, preferably going to the southern part, so we will see what happens. Now the girl's opinion about this potential move isn't great....but oh well, we will cross that bridge when we get there.

OK that is all for now.....another day of cleaning and watching the snow fall......


No comments:

My Travels