"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Dog Walkers

"Are you the dog walkers?" we heard hollered at us, as my daughters and I were leaving the yard for our nightly romp with the five, yes five pooches. I stated adamantly "no they are all ours", to ensure she would not request our employment in walking her dogs, that is if she had any.

She then stated with joy "yes, I know that they are all yours, people around here (here meaning our apartment neighbors) call your family the dog walkers and we are so envious because we all want dogs too”.

Nearly my whole life I have been called some sort of animal knick name, "bird lady" or "owl lady" when I gave programs to schools around Wisconsin, then "chicken lady" most recently by co-workers since we have chickens and we sell chicken eggs, thus the code name Aves (order for birds) but this is the first that I and we have been called "dog walkers"......I just may need to change my code name to Caesar...:)

No comments:

My Travels