"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Mim's 4 years

home was yesterday. It has been a good road and yet at times a bumpy bumpy road. In the good times, I get to see what a sweet girl she is and the woman she will become. She is maturing daily and I think that along with attaching to a new family at 12 1/2 has made it all so hard. We are getting there ever so slowly. I have had to "Let Go, Let God" in all areas of my life but I feel especially with Mim.

When she first came home I had to be involved, protective and on top of all aspects of her life because of her age, her lack of schooling and because of not understanding or speaking English. Many times my family and others didn't and still don't understand, but then again all they could relate to was the rearing of their biological children who never had a major loss of close family members at a young age.My health issues scared us all in thinking yet again my girls will lose their parent, so that set us into another tailspin, but I think we are seeing our way through this as well.

As she matures and is a home longer, the more she seems to settle in and she also is beginning to relax a little. So all in all it has been worth it for her and for me.

It is all a learning adventure and I think just when we get Mim through these years, Ve, and then Tuki will be teenagers...but hopefully I will know better as to what I am doing as a parent.

No comments:

My Travels