"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I love

the sound of Tuks reading. After our bedtime routine with many stories and a re-cap of the day, I put her to bed. Then I come down stairs and I hear her reading several more books.....She is up there right now reading with the inflections in her voice as she makes up the stories. Once she is done reading, she sings several songs, and finally dreamland takes over.

On another note, that is not so pleasant, I found out that I had identity theft on one of my credit cards. The person charged 13 different items since June 14 and all were denied except 3. So now those three will be canceled and the card will be shut down. Scary to think about, yet VERY grateful it was caught.

3 comments:

veggiemom said...

How sweet she must sound reading and singing to herself!
Credit cards - scary! I'm glad it was caught.
Kerri and Ruby

Marta said...

I love that she is developing so much in that area!
I recently broke down to pay for one of those protection services. I have had a scare or two, and I just cannot go thru that!

Brenda said...

I bet that is a sweet peaceful feeling. I'm sorry about the credit card but glad you caught them.

My Travels