"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Stormin'

on and off all day, even soaked my clothes on the line. The first time I have hung clothes outside in 2 years and they soaked. But we also did a walk today. Three years ago, pre-Tuki days I walked the marathon on this event, two years ago I walked 1/8 of it when Tuks was 6 months old. Today we, Tuks, cousin N, Uncle J and Aunt M walked 1/4 of the marathon. We wanted to see how the girls would do, and set up an opportunity for an award at the end. They did fantastic and we all had fun. There was even talk of doing the 1/2 marathon next year.....

I also noticed my E. Phoebe's first clutch of two youngsters have fledged. YEAH and good job Momma Phoebe


pre-walk preparation and excitement


on the start of the walk


stopping to smell the lupine


walking and strolling was our means of locomotion


we make it to the finish line


yeah, we are done


my medal


mommy and me moment...mommy working REALLY hard to get me to smile...NOT working


still not working


now that the fun is over, back to work counting grapes and placing them in a bag


partying with the family


bear bear is my best buddy, he was with me the whole way


two years ago, this same weekend

4 comments:

Gail said...

I love the picture of Tuks clapping at the finish line. Looks like she had a great time even if she didn't smile for the camera later.
Gail

veggiemom said...

Yay, Tuki!!! It's crazy to look at that little butterball of a babe and see what a neat little person she is now. Those changes always blow me away. Love the new pic on your blog header.
Kerri and Ruby

Not Betty Crocker said...

I also love the picture on the blog header. She sure is growing up. Looks like it was a great day.

Kelly said...

Wow She has grown so much!!!

My Travels