"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Monday, May 25, 2009

Long Meandering Memorial Post

Today was Mim's birthday. She turned 12. If we are lucky and she comes home within the next few months I may have 6 - 8 years of parenting her while under my roof. When I first received information on Mim, I was told she was 6, which was 2 years ago. I thought maybe she was actually maybe 8, but then last summer I found out she was actually 11. What a shock, mainly because she is so much older than my two at home, plus I am WORRIED SICK about her education and how very little time I will have with her. I do hope she is home soon.


Our Phoebe hatched her first clutch, you can see the little bird's beak sticking out over the nest



The chicks are three weeks old and we are really enjoying them. Look how much more feathered they are since last week.











We had a weekend of bike riding. Each night I would walk one of the dogs, and the girls would ride their bikes two blocks south of home into a mobile home park. It is a safe place for them to master their bike riding skills. Tho a little boring for me, they sure do have fun and I can tell they are getting better with each day we do this. I get my walks in too.






















I mowed the yard with my mulching lawnmower and still only managed to mulch 3/4 of the garden, so I will have to lug the big heavy mower, and haul the mulch bags to its specified pile next week as well. I hate mulching, but it is so worth it!!




























Tuks dressed herself!!! Can you tell?




























Lastly, I had to just re-do a little of Ve's hair, so this will be the first time that I kept a hair style in for two weeks. She liked it. Plus Ve is now talking about Haiti constantly, so we have made a break through in her bonding and grieving.



































As for her schooling nest year, I had decided that I wanted to have her repeat kindergarten since she came in at the semester and with her language change. Everyone (teachers etc at her school.,) that I met with on Friday morning agreed and she will get to keep her current kindergarten teacher, whom Ve just ADORES!!

3 comments:

Marta said...

I hope Mim is home soon too and I understand completely about the education fears. I'm having them in advance of the school year but trying to take advantage of the time this summer to work especially on language.

veggiemom said...

Hope Mim is home soon!

Steph, G's Mom said...

What a darling photo of the three of you, Mim is adorable and trust me her emotional age will not be 12 and she will need a lot of mommying. And if you have her stay with you till 22, why not? That's 10 good years of mommying!!!

My Travels