"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, August 23, 2009

At a Loss......................

One of the reasons I took my blog private is for the the post I am about to write.

For a day or so I have been smelling urine in the girls room. Yet in checking Ve's bedding it was dry. So tonight I got on my hands and knees and started smelling around Ve's bed. Right along side of her bed it REEKED strongly of urine.

So I called Ve in from the bathroom where she was brushing her teeth.

Me: Did you pee on the floor?

Ve: No

Me: Go and finish brushing your teeth and then come back and smell this.

Tuks comes over and smells it and then spins what I thought was an elaborate story of Ve purposely peeing on the floor.

Ve then enters the room while Tuks brushes her teeth.

Me: Ve smell this.

She does

Me: Did you pee on the floor?

Ve: Yes.

Me: What?!

Ve: I told the truth.

Me: Yes you did and I am glad you told the truth, but why did you pee on the floor?

Ve starts telling me something about the night lights....not exactly sure, I think I forgot to turn them on or something to the effect. My mind was in a fog since it was trying so hard to grasp this reality.......

Me; When did you pee on the floor.

Ve: before camping..(this I have a hard time believing since I just recently starting smelling it.I would guess she did it the last night or the night before)

Me: Good job on telling me the truth, but I do not want you peeing in this bedroom EVER again!!!

Ve: In the toilet only.

Me: Yes, and for your punishment you will clean this floor up tomorrow.

I never really knew if she peed while sleeping or awake, but now I know it is her not getting up to go...to say that I am dumbfounded is an understatement.....

One victory on truth telling, one defeat on bed (floor) wetting

OK, I know why I get so mentally exhausted with her........

5 comments:

Steph, G's Mom said...

Wow very impressed that she came clean so easily! Alas, mine went thru a period of deliberately peeing on the floor just to....who knows why....have some control or something. she would do it behind the lazyboy, in her bedroom, outside on the grass. I think she was hoping that if she did that I would put he back in diapers. HOnestly she would STILL love to be in diapers, and I know that is because she wants to be my baby, as a tiny baby. So I can't fault her for that but man was it frustrating to have a 4 year old squatting for NO REASON all over the carpet and peeing! When her Tonton (uncle) was the one to come over and steam clean her carpets and we told him it was because of her peepee on the carpet, and he got down to smell if the cleaner had done its job, she never did it again! I think Ve will be ok :) You're doing great!

Marta said...

I know it's hard but I want to commend you on your patience. I think you handled it great, and maybe she is on the verge of a break-thru. Hopefully on both issues.

I recently realized that Paul started his famous dissertation in I Corinthians with 'Love is Patient...' remembering that has helped me keep a lid on my own frustation lately. I have had some slight issues with bedwetting/diapers with Elle, nothing like what you are dealing with. Hang in there, your friends are here to listen!

Calico Sky said...

This must be so frustrating and it sounds like you handled it well. It is so hard to slowly change norms, for children from orphanages the norms can be so different than ours so their normal can be peeing all over the place, lying, stealing, grabbing etc it is the only way to survive (this can also be family culture in families with neglect/abuse). It is so very very very difficult isn't it. I think they try so hard and find it so difficult to make their "new norm" their reality/instinct/1st choice. It is great that Ve is starting to tell you the truth. I hope that you have some more breakthroughs and things get easier. Such a tough situation!

Laurie said...

Well the good news is she told the truth........
It's hard to understand why they would be compelled to do such a thing when she clearly knows it is wrong.
Your a very patient Mommy, I think you handled it well. Hope you see real progress in this area.

veggiemom said...

I agree with the others that you've handled the situation really well. Reading back over your last few posts, it's obvious you've made great progress over the last few months. Many kuddos on your patience and hard work with Ve.

My Travels