"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Saturday, August 22, 2009

The future

Ve was dry last night...WAHOO!!! we are getting closer to more dry nights and less wet nights!!!



I purchased each girl a Cinderella cell phone yesterday while out shopping at Walmart...you would have thought I gave them a million bucks. They have yet to put them down...since yesterday afternoon....I see my future with cell phones and it doesn't look good..especially considering I still haven't caved and purchased myself one..I am a landline all the way baby, that is so far anyway.

So who do they talk to the most often on their phones, well of course, their Haitian and Guatemalan dads....the dads tell them they can do things that I have already told them they can't ...it is sort of funny...sort of........

No comments:

My Travels