"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Monkee remake



Besides all the other exiting events going on in this household (sarcasm) this summer,we have also been deeply involved with the Disney channel whenever there was any TV watching. The girls have not only fallen in love with the regular morning shows, but then also the regular afternoon/evening shows..such as Hannah Montana, Suite Life of Cody & Zach, Jonas brothers etc.,

I bring this up because Tuks was telling me about a dream she had last night that included Nick Jonas (the middle guy in the picture) Apparently he visited her in our garage, and Tuks was riding the pink car (her cousin N has) and Nick Jonas commented on how he really liked her car.....just before bed tonight, she said that maybe Nick will come visit again..I said "yeah maybe"....they grow up so fast!!!!LOL



So I will come out of the COOL closet and admit...... I also like the shows, esp the Jonas brothers, it reminds me of the Monkees. A show in the 60's about the life of four goofy musicians. BTW, I am and will always be a Three Stooges Fan, so you can guess at my sense of humor......

Anyone else with me in admitting they actually like their kids shows!!!!

2 comments:

Marta said...

Yep, I remember in the 3rd grade, and Davey Jones was our man!!! LOL. Ironically, if I were to choose today, he would NOT be my pick!

We don't have Disney, but I have been slowly exposing them this stuff. They LOVE Hannah now (and I like Billy Ray) but pretty soon it will be the Jonas Bros, I'm sure!

Kelly said...

We are Hannah Montanna and iCarly fans, I really enjoy iCarly!!!! It makes me laugh!!!!So funny what I prefer to watch now that I have a kiddo!!!!

My Travels