"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve Musings

Amidst the last week and half with co-workers who were crabby and tense, teaching students how to forecast the weather and use Kodak videos, I have one daughter who is acting stubborn and challenging, another who is just moody and crabby upon waking and sleeping, and the middle child who is easy natured, yet full of excitement (thus a ball of energy) for Christmas and HER birthday, I managed to bake cut-out cookies (girls helped me decorate today), rustic nut bars, snowballs, German nut butter horns (don't look good, sure do taste good), tortellini soup, a chicken and rice dish and Ve's birthday treats for school. I think I am insane, I know I am tired and I feel I may have to give up my hopes of ever trying to capture the Christmas traditions from childhood since my Mom was a stay at home Mom and I definitely don't have that opportunity.


Tuks showing off the tree

Ve and a few of her birthday presents



We didn't make it to Christmas eve service tonight due to the area's ice/winter mix storm, and I asked NOT to host the Family Christmas gathering this year, knowing that with Mim's homecoming and then the gathering would have sent me over the edge. Sort of like last year when Ve came home 2 weeks before Christmas. The food I made is just for us and any company that happens to stop in.


The tree after Santa brought 1 present for each of the girls, the rest are from Mommy and other family

Ve did open her birthday gifts from me tonight and we will wait until the New Year's eve gathering for her family celebration with cake and crown. LOL

And now, I am sitting here blogging, and except for the Christmas lights and Heathcliff chewing on a bone, the home is dark and quiet. And so I end today with a heartfelt cheer ..

Merry Christmas Eve everyone!!

No comments:

My Travels