"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The deed is done


Mim is pleased, but I think she had hoped it would make her hair longer too. I think all 3 of my daughters look great!! Tuks had to get in the picture as well.



Ve wants school to start tomorrow to show her friends her hair. She has been wanting to wear her hair in a pony tail style for since well forever and she has been grinning from ear to ear since I did her hair.


I know straightening the girl's hair is controversial, but they wanted it done. I think it looks great and as we were driving today we saw in a car next to us a black mom and her daughter, both with straight hair. So it is common practice around here. I feel comfortable with it by stating that I color my hair lighter and sometimes darker than my natural color to cover my gray hairs, and when I was a youngin' I permed my hair for curls....often. So my point is we all do it if we want to have a different look. I don't think it needs to be as big a deal as we like to make it out to be.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Your girls hair look beautiful. I relaxed (not straightened) my daughters hair as well & it makes it much easier; for both of us to style. Shhh... this isn't my real hair color either. ;)

Anonymous said...

They look beautiful!!!!!

Janet said...

I am with you we straighten the girls hair and life is so much easier! They look great!

My Travels