"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Monday, February 22, 2010

Conversations, Updates & Cuteness

We have been MIA in the blog world because my home computer has been in the shop. Even now that I have it back the keyboard needs to be replaced. So I am typing this on my lap top.

I finally took our Christmas tree down this past weekend. Small pine cones were growing on it but once the needles started getting thick on the carpet, I decided to take it down. It was fun having it up as long as we could.

DaVinci is doing fantastic...he is a smart little dog. I fear, It won't be long and he will surpass my intelligence. LOL

We have had warm days, the snow has been melting, the robins have been sighted, and excitement is in the air.

Our family life is great. Mim is definitely as easy child. We had several conversations of late about adoption. One was concerning hers, and the other involved Tuki.

We were all sitting around the table doing fusion beads (love these) and I decided to ask Mim how she was informed about being adopted. She said that she was asked by her Haitian parents if she wanted to be adopted, and she had told them "yes" she would. I then asked her if she was asked if you wanted to join a new family in America. She affirmed this. I then asked her if any of her biological siblings were adopted and she told me no. She was casual during this whole talk. BTW; she came from a VERY large family. Higher number of kids than I have ever heard of before from Haiti. When asked if she missed her family or was sad about not seeing them she said "NO!" Finally I asked her if she wants to go back and visit, she said "sure, but not any time soon"

Then the other night we were looking at the world map, and she pointed out Haiti, I asked her to show me Guatemala. She said; "I don't know" So I pointed it out to her. She said "What" her way of asking what does this mean. I then told her it was where Tuki was born. She said "You?" Her way of asking if I was too. I said "no, I was born in .........., Tuki was born in Guatemala and was adopted just like you and Ve" She smiled with understanding. Even though I have talked about it, I guess she never fully understood that Tuks was adopted too.


Lastly, a statement by Ve; We were watching Nick Jonas sing a song "I want someone to love me....for who I am" Ve was watching him closely before she states "Mom, that boy said he wants someone to love him, ****pause*****, so I want to love that boy!!"....OMG...what am I in for?!?!lol

Now for pictures of fur baby cuteness....
sitting pretty on the couch

awwwwwww

size comparison with Beatrice

before he learned to climb up and down the steps

Getting DaVinci was the best thing for Mim. (We all love him of course) Not only is she involved with him now, but just last night she was petting Beatrice and asking me what the different parts of Beatrice's body were called...we have turned a corner with pets....yeah!!!

4 comments:

Glady said...

Hello, I have a message from M for you, please email me at gladythomas12@yahoo.com
love the new dog, I wish someone did that for me when I left Haiti, I m still terrified of them :)

Calico Sky said...

Oh sooo adorable, and fluffy!

Salzwedel Family said...

Ve and Nick Jonas - watch out! How wonderful that Mim can talk openly about her experiences with you.

:) said...

wow what an interesting conversation. did she know what 'being adopted" meant, that she would leave that family and join a new family? what a fascinating thing to talk about with your child. g has lately been expressing more desire to not share that she has a sister living in france and such things with for example people at church. she said she's embarassed, i guess that her family is all split up. still ppondering how to start an in depth heart to heart about this. plus, her birth dad never had a relationship with her so that is there too.....and i'm not married so i think she is feeling very "different." :(

My Travels