"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sundays

I like Sundays, I like Sundays even tho tomorrow means another work week. We begin each day with church. Today Mim asked to go to the service with me instead of Sunday school. She loved it, was good as gold and wants to attend with me every week instead of attending Sunday school. I loved having her there with me too. She asked for an adult version of the bible even tho she has trouble understanding, so I told her to pray to God to help her understand and it will start making more sense. She sure has a heart for God...

The rest of the day usually consists of the last of the weekend cleaning and chicken coop work. Today for the first time Mim helped me bed it down with straw. Tuki has been the sole helper of this task in the past, but now Mim likes it too. She said "I like chickens". I told her that "I do too". I then told her that all the chickens have names...she said "You are funny", so I proceeded to introduce the chickens to her BY NAME. It is apparent that she doesn't understand this American craze with animals, but she is opening herself up to the idea.

Our bonding is going fantastic. She likes to play with my hair, sit next to me, or cuddle with me and ask me questions about what I like. Then I ask her the same questions back. It is so sweet. She really is an amazing young lady..truly amazing, her Haitian parents did a fantastic job with her. I only hope I can continue on with it.

Sunday's also consist of walking the dogs for 2 - 2 1/2 miles, homework, games, watching a good movie and then bathes. It is relaxing and just enjoyable to do it all together.

Tonight Ve combing her hair after her bath

Tuks playing with Hubble

Tuki playing and teaching DaVinci fetch

Mim reading the New testament

Tuki and Mim doing a version of the blue's sisters, Ve in the back reading and combing.


Ve's drawing and writing of recent. It says "These are my sisters Mim and Tuki"".

No comments:

My Travels