"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, March 14, 2010

55-it's amazing what a warm sunny day can do for your soul

We spent nearly the full day outside. I managed to rake a part of my lawn and Mim jumped right in and helped me without being asked. She was amazed at all the green grass. She kept saying "I love green, Cool, look at all this green" Something so simple that we take for granted, green grass, and she was enthralled with it....more photos of our warm day

sandbox

even the tiny Seramas were outside for some sunshine

playing, riding and chickens, who could ask for anything more

dogs staying in the yard without a leash...love this, it brings back childhood memories when I would play outside, I always had a dog with me, and I am happy my girls can have that too.

sweet DaVinci, he gained 10 lbs in 1 month

dare-devil Mim with Heathcliff

cautious but willing Ve with Heathcliff and DaVinci

safety girl Tuki..she at first forgot how to peddle, but then remembered quickly. She like to wear her helmet ALL THE TIME WHEN OUTSIDE.....

closeup of Mim

My Buff Orpington Myrtle..I think she looks cool. She is standing behind Stella, a Black Aust

playing ball

with Ve and DaVinci


tuckered out after a full day in the sun, matter of fact all the dogs and girls are now sleeping while I sit here typing this post
later playing basketball with Kiki

more play

good day all around

3 comments:

:) said...

Wow, we Californians are such weenies. At 55 we'd have our parkas on LOL! It was nice enough today to take the kids to the country club to swim LOL (heated pool of course) but they didn't get out till 7 pm, and went home in towels.

Your girls all look so incredibly happy. I can't get over how tall Mim looks...is it just an optical illusion, or...how tall IS she?

steph

:) said...

OH and I wanted to comment...."Orpington" is somehow the most perfect name for that hen....looks very "Orpy" as in ORB...she's so ROUND! is it all feathers (do chickens get winter feathers???)

Clueless apartment dweller here...but if G were to visit your little farmish abode, she'd never leave, I'll tell you that!

steph

Sarah said...

Love all the photos. We are basking in the glorious weather too. 55 in March--amazing!!!

My Travels