"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Recap of summer and run down of the upcoming school year

Summer run down

Tuki took swim lessons for 4 weeks
Mim & Ve each took swim lesson for 2 weeks
Mim & Ve attended summer school
We took 3 vacations as a family, one each month
my first cousins came to visit
I re-financed my house with a 4% interest rate
I bike 10 miles each day
I am running 2 miles each day with my great furry buddies DaVinci & Rembrandt (another Aussie, same age as DaVinci, we got from the Humane Society on July 12)
I walk two miles each day with all the dogs
My thyroid level and my feet, thus my emotional & physical health are starting to improve.
Ve is starting to read with more fluency
Mim has her Math facts down, great improvement over the summer
Tuki is spelling her name and recognizes quite a few sight (maybe 10) words
Our garden is flourishing
The chickens are doing well, moulting now, but still doing well
We are well bonded as a family

Fall preview
Mim is running cross country this fall, she is sore, but doing well and making friends. She wants to play basketball again this winter
Ve will be starting gymnastics
Tuki wants to do dance again
Tuki will be attending 4K
Ve will be in 1st grade
Mim will be in 7th grade
I hope to put both the Aussies into agility classes this fall, we'll see if it works schedule wise
Tuki & Ve will be attending Awana at church
Mim will be part of the junior high youth group at church.

We will be busy, I hope to run with the Aussies as soon as I wake up to get me some exercise and run some energy out of them, then hopefully I can sneak a bike ride in as often as possible after school.

Lord help us with the schedule, thank goodness we love to be busy!!

No comments:

My Travels