"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Friday, August 13, 2010

Snip-it

A quick snip heard recently in our home, and no I do NOT feel it is adoption/bonded related. Rather it is TEENAGE related...at that time of the month

Me: Mim go down stairs and get your book off the dryer.

20 minutes later

Me: "Where is Mim", while going thru papers

Ve: "Upstairs reading"

Me: "Did she go get her book?"

Ve: "I don't know"

Me: "go run upstairs and tell her to get her book"

Ve runs upstairs

Me: "what did she say?"

Ve: "I don't know she was talking so quiet I couldn't hear her" (Mim does this quiet talking when she is mad)

No movement from upstairs

Me to Ve: "go tell her Mom says now"

Ve runs upstairs

Mim starts yelling at Ve

Me: "don't yell at Ve for what I told her to do"

Me: "now go downstairs and get your book, like I said a while ago"

Mim: "I don't know what the dryer is" (she does, she plays the I don't know game when she doesn't want to do something)

Me: (knowing her game) "Yes you do, now go get it"

Mim: stomping down the steps and slamming her bedroom door hard. "Why do you hate me so much?"

Me, just smiling and musing as to how extreme teenagers emotions are

SNIP - IT UPDATE
Ok, Mim and I talked about this incident later, and she claims she said she "didn't want to read right now", not "why do you hate me so much", oh well maybe I miss understood, but it was still funny!!

No comments:

My Travels