"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Ve's birthday celebration

Ve's very busy birthday cake, yet all the wee ones seemed to have loved it.

Singing Happy Birthday - the little 5 year old boy is J, my nephew's son.
Ve has a very hard time with all this attention directed right at her

Opening presents with many helping hands


I have noticed some behavior issues with Ve whenever we are on break from school, i.e lacking structure. My wonderment is; does this always happen but I am too busy to notice when we are running all over the place, or does the lack of structure make her feel unsafe and her old habits come rushing back at her with a vengeance.

I also noticed that Tuki is wonderful to be around again....that is when she gets her daily nap, so I will for sure be switching her 4K class to the morning next semester (She totally is all about this change, she says she wants to make new friends). She spent the night at Grandma's last night, her first sleepover that has nothing to do with me leaving town and picking up one or the other of her sisters.

Ve wants to sleep over someday but right now she would be too afraid to do it without Tuki. She says not, but Ve just about had a crying meltdown last night when she found out that she would be sleeping in her own bedroom without Tuki. She did fine by the way, but she was sure all life as she knew would end.

We start back to school and the hectic routine on Tuesday.

2 comments:

Jenny Maciolek said...

I find my son has a lot of trouble without complete structure at home. We have set bed time routines and meal times but that is about it. I feel he hates "the unknown" even though home is a safe and secure place. We will have a tough transition back to school....our kids usually take 2-3 weeks to get back into the swing.

Not Betty Crocker said...

Some of the things you write about Ve remind me so much of Samuel's behaviors. The same for Tuki-she's a lot like Jeremiah. It's interesting to read. Thanks for the Christmas card-it was lovely. I didn't get any out this year. Take care!

My Travels