"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Monday, April 18, 2011

Week of many celebrations


HAPPY EARTH WEEK AND RESURRECTION WEEK!!!


btw: we attended Tuki's kindergarten orientation this morning!! I have so many thoughts about this, some good and bad....bad running along the lines of where did my baby go and where did the past 5 years go so fast.....I almost started crying when I thought of her in school full time all day...She is ready, but it is me that is really struggling. We, the parents were being given a tour of the school when Tuki and the other pre-5Kers come into the cafeteria to pick up a carton of milk...and guess who do you think was leading the line...that's right, Miss Tuki herself. So at home later in the day I asked her why she was chosen to lead the milk line and she states "well they were all dilly dalling around so I took the lead for the milk" That's my Tuks all right...all I can say is her kindergarten teacher won't know what hit 'em next fall. She will keep them on their toes, not in a bad way mind you, its just that her little mind never quits turning!!!

No comments:

My Travels