"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer Update


Today we ate our first lettuce and chard (first time trying it) from the garden. I also measured the corn and it is suppose to be "knee high by the 4th of July" and it already is knee high so we are about 2 weeks ahead of schedule.


Tuki is busy with Youth in College for the next two weeks in the morning, Mim and Ve are doing home school summer school and and I am shadowing my Assistant Principal for summer school to get some administrative experience under my belt for a few hours each morning.. Softball continues to occupy our evening two days each week... tonight Mim has a double header thus she will be playing softball for 4 hours straight. 


I am scheduled for a surgery next week...I will explain later, probably when I am laid up in the hospital for 6 days. Anyway I was required to give up coffee and today is my first day without the kick start....the morning was rough but doing well this afternoon...even with our really hot and humid temperatures...


We started to clean Ve and Tuki's messy messy messy bedroom.....yikes!!

Chickens are still producing more eggs than we can store....I am thinking they will slow down in about 4 weeks....I hope.....


Ok that is all for now as we continue to enjoy our summer.....

No comments:

My Travels