"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Midway

through cross country season with Mim, and she is really setting some good goals for her races and is meeting them...Good for her!!

Ve and Tuki just went to their second skating class last night and we registered them for Hoops basketball Sunday night. This will be Tuki's first year and Ve's second.

I am applying for a 10,000 fellowship from our local university in hopes of applying the money to my STEM Branching class that I am offering this year for 2 sections that I am teaching for the first time.

I also plan to submit a grant for 1,000, also for that class and I have also submitted entry questions to Samsung again in hopes of making it to round 2 of their competition.

My admin class is a hybrid, but mostly it is on-line which saves me from having to run to class weekly. I have decided to conduct research on how effective our school implements RtI. I can use this research in place of taking the graduation test so I am really excited about this...my class work is real and not just for homework..

We are in the final stages of harvesting the garden but we will leave the carrots for a few more weeks and the pumpkins, squash and gourds until about the second week of October.

No comments:

My Travels