"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Rough week for me

but not with the girls, just work in general, but it helped in reminding me what is truly important...and not exactly what I focus on at times..that is work related..Thank you Lord for always reminding me that work is fleeting and you will promote when the time is right......in your timing for your glory!!

Tough lesson for Mim.
She had a CC meet this am and was to leave at 5:30am. I informed her to set the alarm (her responsibility), wake me up and I will drop her off. I had a 3 hour class today so I had friends keep Ve and Tuki over night on Friday. So this morning was totally cleared for Mim to go her way and me mine...EXCEPT Mim didn't wake up, and I woke without the alarm at 6:00am...30 minutes past the departure of her CC bus. She was very disappointed, and initially she blamed me, which she loves to do whenever anything goes wrong, but then she realized it was her fault since she did not set her alarm....she has been a little sad all day, but well behaved..this just might be a maturity breakthrough for her..... and better for this to happen for a CC meet rather than a job...

No comments:

My Travels