"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Today

was Mim's cross country meet, her time improved by 40 seconds...a real improvement. Since it was a home meet, me and the wee ones helped manage the course for all the races. Ve and Tuki ran the mile fun run for elementary students. All three ran hard and did a good job. Once we came home, I canned 2 quarts of yellow beans, 4 pints of plum jam, set up the start of the plum wine, and tasted while moving the apricot wine. In addition I am baking about 20 some loaves of plum bread for the freezer. So far we have about 40 some loaves of blueberry and peach bread and now another 20 plus and tomorrow I plan to bake another 20 some more loaves of pear bread.....did I say that we love this bread...it is our weekend treat. Besides the pear bread tomorrow, we will can more pickles, pickled summer squash and start the pear wine, and freeze peppers. Next week our 1/2 beef should be ready for pick up, so our freezers are filling up once again for the winter. It feels good to know that things will quiet down for a while, just like I get excited when things heat up in the spring.

No comments:

My Travels