"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Recap of our Spring 2014 Break

Saturday- Tuki's DI competition
Sunday- we ushered at church, Tuki & Ve went to an overnight birthday party in which they
               attended a water park, ate at Olive Garden, stayed at the hotel, went out to eat again and
               then went to Mr. Peabody and Sherman movie. Mim was acting her usual selfish self, so I
               left the house, went to two movies at the theater
               and purchased my band new running shoes, and her running flats.
Monday  - I ran for the first time, Mim and I walked the dogs, she ran her track meet, we attended
Tuesday - Ran again, cleaned the house, two girls went to track practice, we all attended Divergent at
                 the movie theater..Tuesdays are $5.00 movie nights.
Wednesday - Ran again, Ve and Mim went to track practice, Tuki and I attended her painting at the
                 library, went to Bill's pizza
Thursday - Ran again, track practice for the two, and then did nothing the rest of the day
Friday - Ran again, went to cousin Natania's for the afternoon, walked and ran today, took the girls to
              King Cones
Saturday - Ran again, Mim went to Pam's for working off her flats, The wee ones and myself went to
                  Appleton. I managed to purchase 3 beautiful Easter dresses at Burlington's for a total of
                  65.00 and 11 shirts (3 sweatshirts,  8 t-shirts) all for only 17.00 at Jansport Was very
                  disappointed in that the Mall didn't have a book store, so didn't find any good books to
                  read!!!
Sunday - we won't be going to church, but we will walk the dogs, I will run and hopefully finish my paper and then get ready for the start of school in which we only have 9 weeks left...wow

Every day I also worked on my paper for class, we walked the dogs and I managed to read 5 (kid chapter books)

So essentially we ate our way through Spring break since the weather hasn't been cooperative, but spent less money than if we went somewhere.

No comments:

My Travels