"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Saturday, May 17, 2008

CRAZY

Except for the fact that Tuks was bit up by mosquitoes last night, (I guess the bug spray needs to come out in full force now) we have had great times with friends today and last night. REALLY GREAT TIMES!!! The times together is what I long for to occur more often. Groups of people that feel comfortable with each other to just "hang" and feel free to be themselves. It's GREAT!!!

BUT, then I force myself to come to this blog and try to blog about these events. I can't seem to do it. It's like I am tired of blogging about it and just want to live it. BUT, I want to live it with all my family home, so I come back to this blog to yell, scream, shout for joy etc., along the process so that I don't drive my friends and family bonkers with adoption talk. This blogs gets it all out. BUT, it has also caused me great heartache... I have many other blogs linked to this one, and you may have noticed that many other families started their process months, and sometimes even a year after me, and they are all either TRAVELING for pick-up, waiting to TRAVEL SOON for pick-up, or giving birth soon. IT'S driving me CRAZY!!!! even though I am happy for them, I am feeling a little sorry for us. Ok. that's all I have to say for now.

6 comments:

Andromeda Jazmon said...

I am sorry you have had to wait so long... hang in there girl! Your day is coming.

I'd love to have you join my Sunday Garden Tour round up today.

Marta said...

All I can say is..."yep".

Michelle Smiles said...

I remember those conflicting feelings of happy for them/sad for me very well. The process can be cruel!

veggiemom said...

This is such a tough process! No one would survive without a good place to vent. I can't wait for the day you get to blog about all three of your kids at home.
Hugs...
Kerri and Ruby

This Mama said...

Vent away!

Chapter Two said...

I'm so sorry. I was once crazy like this too. Our Haitian adoption (of our 3) took 2 years, 11 months from our first application to homecoming. It pained me to see almost everyone start after and finish before us at the time. It is so hard to understand. I'm just feeling your pain and hoping and praying for your relief to be soon.

My Travels