"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Meme - tag

1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.

2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.

3. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.

4. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer

What were you doing five years ago?
I was just recovering from my ACL/MCL knee surgery. Once I had the ok from the doctors, I started conditioning myself to summit Grand Teton (13,700 feet), in Wyoming, which I did in mid-July of that year. . I was finishing up my Master’s Degree. I was involved with a man who treated me VERY poorly and I was attempting to get out of that relationship by seeing other men. I didn’t get out until two years later. I was teaching science in my current district as well as coaching cross-country running, track and girls basketball.

What are 5 things on your to-do list today?

I put the laundry away, swept the floors, vacuumed, brushed and toe nail trimmed the dogs, colored my hair, sweep the basement, went for a walk with Tuks and the dogs, worked on a power point that I am creating to help prevent some woods from being developed, played with Tuks and finally work on some papers for my up-coming interview.

What are 5 snacks you enjoy?

chips and salsa, anything chocolate, popcorn, nuts, bananas

What are 5 of your bad habits?
Leaving my shoes and coats lying around the house, spending time on the computer, reacting badly to bad news at first, then I settle down, have hard time listening to details, I’m a get to the point kind of gal, and low patience level, especially when I am tired

What 5 things would I do if I were a billionaire?
Get completely out of debt. Finish construction on phase 3 on my home. Buy land. Set up my kids in trust funds to insure a college education. Travel more, volunteer and fincially support grass roots organizations that help impoverished people in the US and other countries, and also organizations that work to protect destruction of habitat for wildlife worldwide. Set up a wildlife rehabilitation center in my hometown…..again, but this time well funded to avoid the board of directors problem from the previous center. Set up a financial plan to insure that I could continue this life style well into my old age and beyond.


Where are 5 places you have lived?

Mississippi, New York, Minnesota, Various places within my home state

What are 5 jobs you have had?

LTE with the DNR, Wildlife Technician, Surgery technician, Bindery worker, Waitress for 5 weeks, Graphic Artist, Educator, Coach, Founded and Executive Director for the Wildlfie Center



Who are 5 people do you want to tag?
Gage's Mom
Gabi's Mom
Brenda
Blessed Life
Minta's Mom

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I will do this in the morning. 5 years ago you did some incredible things! Other than dating the guy who was not good to you....I'm glad he is history!

My Travels