"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Learning is never ending in this household


I learned with the help of my first vegetable garden that I should not put manure tea onto the plants on a weekly basis..It delays flowering, therefore it delays the growth of veggies. Granted the plants are HUGE, my tomatoes grew nearly 6 feet tall. This picture is the last of the bountiful harvest from my garden. I pulled them all in this weekend because we just ran out of growing season. Now they need to redden indoors. I also learned to thin out your carrots even though you don't want to, we produced A LOT of baby carrots.


I found the sepia color tone on my Photoshop.


That I can overwinter a baby painted turtle in one of my extra sinks while we wait until next spring for a release. A student brought him in a few weeks ago as a malnourished turtle. Don't worry we are VERY clean with it!!!!!


It is more fun to sit on the toilet with your good buddy Hubble.


To line up cups..


and then count the number of cups that are in a line


that "Y" is Tuks favorite letter


matching is fun, here she is matching "S"


it is fun to lay on blanket on the floor at all times

4 comments:

Jane said...

Hey! You're back!
Your harvest is impressive! I kill everything except basil. Or maybe it's the hot weather? Yeah, that's it...the weather! Glad you're back.

Sarah said...

The pictures are great! Looks like it's time for some fried green tomatoes--yummy! We too have been eating a whole lotta them this year.

Love the sepia tone pictures, too!

Elder Cook said...

Tuks is so cute. Love the photo of her holding the A in the tube!

Suzanne said...

Great pics. She's really growing fast!
Suzanne

My Travels