"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Friday, October 31, 2008

Week in review & FFF

I have been out of town for the last week; I left Sunday morning for a technology conference in Seattle. In order for me to leave town I usually have to ask help from my friends. Kiki takes the dogs. My sister and her family took care of Tuki (she loved it), and my friends R & W took care of the birds, Tuck the classroom chinchilla, watched over the cats and the turtle. Finally, my neighbor A picks up the mail for me. When I sit back and think how lucky we are to have people to help out like this, it really humbles me into realizing how wonderful our lives truly are.

The night before I left Kiki, Tuks and I took the dogs for a long walk, sat down to a KFC supper and finally witnessed the wrestling and horsey match between Kiki and Tuki. She loves to rough-house with Kiki. Tuks can go forever once Kiki shows up. Too funny!!


NIGHT BEFORE I LEFT
Getting ready to take a ride


Ridem Kiki


Her favorite position, upside down...why she loves gymnastics

The next morning, I dropped Tuks off at my sister’s home, then four others and I flew out to the conference. I learned a great deal, had fun, but was also ready to come back on Thursday (last night). I was missing Tuki terribly by the last day. When I returned last night, she hugged and kissed me and said I wuv you mama. Very cute!!

SEATTLE



Looking toward the water front


Nacho Grande, one of my favorite foods, but this one was almost too pretty to eat


Captured between conference sessions


Nightime view

Tonight Tuks, cousin N and a bunch of kids belonging to my co-workers came together and went trick-or-treating for about an hour or so. Buckets were full, and the kids had a blast. Later we went out to eat at a nearby restaurant. Overall, other than a few bumps in the road, it has been a lovely week.

TRICK OR TREAT




Waiting for cousin N to arrive


The gaggle of kids she was with
She was running from house to house



Tuki and cousin N

Later in the evening, totaling enjoying herself

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I just LOVE her costume... that is an awesome color on her! Beautiful pics from Seattle too! Never been there but hope to someday!

veggiemom said...

Tuki is so cute all dressed up! Sounds like a great Halloween.

Tracy said...

She is socute in her little costume!

Marta said...

Just my opinion and hope I don't hurt any feelings but I think she is the cutest kid in that gaggle!

Seattle is a beautiful city, I have been there on numerous occaisions. Did you go to Pikes Place?

Marianne said...

Adorable! Love the costume. Have a great weekend.

My Travels