"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Random Updates

1. Tuks had been pooping on the potty so consistently that I am letting her wear underwear on weekends.

2. On a daily basis, and often times during the day, Tuki makes the distinction between family and friends. When someone is part of her family, she says they are famoowlee. Her kitties are part of her famoowlee, so I have posted some updated photos of her feline famoowlee.

3. I have purchased the bedspreads for Ve and Tuks bedroom. It is cool because Target has various colors of sheets that matches the colors in the bedspread, so I can change it up a little as the girls request.

4. I still haven't found what I want for Mim's bed.

5. For some unexplainable reason, I am hopeful for the girl's homecoming. I try to remain distant from the whole process until almost pick-up time, but I am feeling like I need to be ready sooner than I logically think of when they will be coming home..Call me CRAZY!!

6. They were actually playing Christmas music in Walmart today. Now I love Christmas, and I love the music, but already today...now that is a little early even for me.

7. I had lost the fight against the land development adjacent to the woods on my west side. The trees are already down, 10 acres of trees, and bulldozers have been in there tearing it up for weeks now. I do have about a 200-250' buffer of woods between me and the bulldozers raping of the land and creating homeless wildlife before winter, but I am still casually looking at other homes with more space.

8. A question, why is it when someone is found to possibly do a bad or wrong thing, people immediately think the person is all bad, or if they do a good thing, people automatically think they are all good. People are imperfect, we are bad and good,
and the beauty of love and acceptance is to accept a person because of their good and despite their bad. We all make massive mistakes, we ALL do, yet some people can be so unforgiving and down right nasty if they notice a flaw in another. I don't understand this. Do you?



Ve and Tuks new bedspread


sMurph and Beatrice (she is almost as big as sMurph yet she is only 5 months old)


Hubble


sMurph


Beatrice

2 comments:

Jane said...

I just said to my sister this morning, You know all the political ads are going to be replaced by Christmas ads on Tuesday night! Our Target had Christmas trees and lawn decorations right next to the Halloween stuff last week. Ugh. It IS too soon!!

veggiemom said...

Love the bedspread you chose! I so agree with you, both about Christmas stuff now and about mistakes. I said something once to someone about my ex being a really good guy and the person said "but wasn't he an alcoholic." I said they're not mutually exclusive. Yay for Tuki and the potty!!!

My Travels