"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Yet even more TukiLogic

This week is insanely busy at work and home. So I quickly wanted to blog a post with snip-its of more TukiLogic. She is swiftly exiting the terrible twos, and entering the terrible or sweet threes, I'm not sure which from any given day, but I can sure reason with her lately and that is fantastic.

For the last two days Tuki has been potty trained, yes even the poopies, so last night when she managed two poopies in the toilet at one sitting, she insisted I do the poopy dance twice, nice and loud...

Two nights ago we went to the flu clinic so that Tuks would receive her annual shot. As were walking in the clinic, we could hear a child of unknown gender screaming and crying behind a curtain.

I kept telling Tuks to just forget about the crying of the other child and reminded her that she was brave. It must have worked because she walked right in like a stoic little trooper. Held out her arm for the nurse, let it be prepped, and finally take the shot in the upper left arm. She watched the whole procedure and wouldn't turn away. She received her ball and crackers, then walked out of there with her arm sort of held high stating now and then "owie,....owie"

On the way home, just out of the blue, after a period of quietness, she said "They put a hole in my arm" I just smiled in the dark, and told her "yes they did, and you were so brave" Once home, she couldn't get her shirt off fast enough to examine the "hole in her arm".


This morning Tuks states "I a baby when adopted"

I say: "Yes, you are right, you were, do you know what adopted means"

She immediately starts singing the song I made for her; "firstname, secondname, thirdname, fourthname was adooopted from Guatemalllla, HOLA


So, she knows she was adopted, but not really sure what it all means yet.

4 comments:

veggiemom said...

Wow! It's amazing how the brain works. Yay, Tuki!!!

Amy said...

That is so cute, I tell my girls all the time about adoption. I, myself am adopted and was told when I was 3 but yes I am sure my kids dont have a clue what it means either

Suzanne said...

Gage is the same way. He says, 'I was born in Gua-mala. Then mommy and daddy came to get me'. I'm not sure what he thinks it really means, but at least it's a start on telling him his story.
S

Jane said...

Love the hole in the arm logic!
And Oh I am SO stealing that song idea!

My Travels