"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Nothin' yet - hopefully today

Hoping to find out something more specific today, some sort of misunderstanding yesterday......it just is never easy, especially this end process.

I will try not to refresh my emails about 3 million times today in anticipation of the outcome.

Just for the record; Adoption is NOT the easier way to grow a family. I have had too many people share that they think I took the easier route when deciding not to go the biological traditional route. They just have no clue, and frankly I think they are the very people that would break down in the midst of this whole process. Let's just say, I believe adoptive parents have to have a toughness, and resilience that begins from way down deep within our souls, or otherwise we'd never survive it all.

We are getting more excited in this house everyday. Tuks brings it up daily as to what we will be doing once sister Ve arrives. I think we will be for the most part OK in the transition, because Tuks really wants a sister!!

6 comments:

veggiemom said...

Sending positive thoughts your way!!! I feel the same way when people talk about adoption being the easy way to parenthood. Hah!!!

Not Betty Crocker said...

Hope you hear something soon. I'm happy Tuks is excited.

Marta said...

Having done it both ways, I would say this is much, much more difficult.

The good thing is we have each other to boost us WHEN WE GET CRAZY!

StefB said...

Well let's see -- I was adopting at the same time my sister was pregnant. She got physically uncomfortable (very) and I nearly lost my solid, life-long sanity. Luckily I've never had anyone suggest I took the easy way. My sister did, however, cry to me way too much about missing the first moments of her child's life(complications requiring anaesthesia). I missed 9.5 months. Argh. We're all good now. :)

Looking forward to reading your good news.

Sarah said...

I'll take a 42 weeks of pregnancy culminating with the delivery of a 10 pound baby in mid-August heat with a 65 pound weight gain and hemorrhoids any day over the trauma/pain/anxiety/worry brought about by an international adoption. I have been told that this way is much easier too. Ha!

Praying you hear some homecoming news SOON!

Laurie said...

They have no idea when they say that. I have done it both ways & adopting is much harder. At least with bio children you know when they will arrive & don't have to worry constantly whether they will ever come home or not.

So happy Tuks is excited.

My Travels