"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Whirlwind



Early last week I received photos of both by girls. They looked well, but Ve seemed to be less happy than I remember from this summer. Upon closer inspection I realized that Ve was located at the O site in Port au Prince and Mim was located at the O site in Les Cayes.

I wondered why...

Then on Saturday during my workout at the Y, it occurred to me that since the girls were at locations 5 hours apart, it wouldn't matter if Ve came home earlier than Mim, because Mim would never know that I had been to Haiti and back to pick up Ve. So, I became obsessed in attempting to contact M, the O director and let her know that I changed my mind about Ve coming home before Mim. I got ahold of her on Sunday afternoon, and to my surprise, at that moment Ve's paperwork was waiting to be granted a visa.

A VISA????!!!!???!!!,

the last step in Ve's process!!!! could this really be true????

True it was, but the problem was, since I didn't know we were this far along in the process, my paperwork for this end part wasn't in Haiti.

So I called Marie again Monday night, and then overnighted my paperwork on Tuesday scheduled to arrive in Haiti tomorrow, Thursday. Needless to say, my mind has been feeling like it is in a whirlwind. LOL

So remember my feeling on this post, I guess God was prompting me to GET READY!!!!

So when will Ve be coming home, well, I hope and prayer it is before Christmas.

Last night, I received an email from M, she wrote "hope to see you soon"

I say: Me too, Me too!!!

It would be sweet for the obvious reason of, yeah it's Christmas, but in addition, Christmas day happens to also be Ve's birth date. So wouldn't that be sweet!!!
I'll keep everyone posted.

Now this is bittersweet time for me, because my good friend, Casa de King, needs our prayers. Her process to bring her kids home has been anything but easy,
and she and her husband need to be lifted up for strength, peace and the mountains to be asked to move from here to there through the grace and power of our Almighty Lord.
Please help them out tonight in your prayer time to bring Lil Miss and Monsieur home. Thanks

6 comments:

veggiemom said...

Fingers and toes are crossed for you...

Janet said...

Awesome news!! Praying she is home soon

Kate said...

That is AWESOME!!!! I pray she is home soon! I can't wait to meet her:) If when you are gone picking up if you need anything let me know!! Tuks is always welcome here!!

Salzwedel Family said...

I am so excited for this good news!!! Praying she is home in time for Christmas.

Marta said...

I am so happy about this and hope little Ve is home soon!!!

Sarah said...

Whoohooo!!! Awesome news! Praying that the Visa is issued soon and your girl is home well before Christmas.

My Travels