"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Saturday, November 8, 2008

TukiLogic

Tuks has been holding her poopies until either her nap diaper or her nighttime diaper. Otherwise she is in under ware all day on weekends. Never messes in them either. She still wears pull-ups at daycare, but has quit pooping there altogether and waits until the times I mentioned above.

Today's conversation:

Me: why are you pooping in your diaper when you know you are to be pooping in the toilet.

Tuki: It doesn't matter, I change it myself.

Me: yes it does, you need to poop in the toilet because soon there will be no more diapers, then what are you planning to do.

Tuks: poop in the toilet!!!

You see, what she does is quietly (in her bedroom upstairs) changes the poopy diaper, throws it away, cleans herself, puts on a new one and then acts likes she didn't poop in her diaper...Yes, I have a girl much too smart for her own good.

You know you are a mother when your conversation and writing material centers around poop and you have no real problem with it either. LOL

3 comments:

Jane said...

And other mothers will join in and discuss it with you, too!
I've just started talking up the potty here...when I catch her going poop I ask if she wants to go do that on the potty. Today when I asked, she ran to her room and slammed the door! I guess that answered my question...

Sarah said...

Ooooo, is she a smarty! Isn't it amazing to what lengths they will go to avoid something so simple in the first place?!? Now that Paloma is completely potty trained, she tries to control the issue/drive me crazy by wanting to use her "little potty" (aka, the potty training chair) wherever she is. . the living room, the garage, the basement. She is fully capable of using the toilet, I think she just enjoys me having to empty/clean that gross little one.

Jenn said...

Ty did the same thing. He would wait until naptime everyda to pop as that was the only time he wore a diaper. Although he wasn't nearly as considerate as Tuki, and left it for me to change. We ended up bribing him with Kinder Surprise eggs to poop on the potty.

My Travels