"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
- John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day

RIGHT NOW, and then again tomorrow and then again the next day and on it goes day after day,
1/2 OF THE WORLD lives on LESS THAN 2 DOLLARS each day.

Psalm 27:4
One thing I ask of the LORD, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.
Do all you can and don't worry about the odds against you. Wield the miracle of life's energy, never worrying whether we fail, concerned only that whether we fail or succeed we do so with all our might. That's all we need to know to feel certain that all our force of diligent effort is worth our while on Earth.
Carl Safina, Voyage of the Turtle

Monday, October 20, 2008

Poopy on the potty suggestions

Need many suggestions to encourage Tuks to poopy on the potty instead of her diaper....stickers and candy does not seem to be the answer.....HELP!!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

What about dollar store prizes for like a week then the next week a toy from the toy stoire for the week????? It really worked for Sky . Good Luck!!!

Salzwedel Family said...

When I had finally had it, because I knew he knew what he was doing, I took him in the bathroom when I knew he had to go and made him sit on the little potty. I told him we were going to stay in the bathroom all day if we had to until he pooped on the potty. Fifteen minutes later he went & he's been going ever since. I was in it for the long haul & I think he knew I meant it.

Sarah said...

Sometimes Paloma has a bit of #2 anxiety even though the dipes are long gone. So I plunk her down on her elmo toilet seat and read her a book. And then another. And then another. It seems to take her mind off of what her little body is doing. Afterwards, I love it when someone calls me and says, "so what have you all been up to today?" Somehow I doubt they REALLY want to know.

Motherhood is so glamorous.

liruco said...

We had the same problem. Our friends' pediatrician suggested a BIG prize and it worked for them. So, we went out and bought our daughter a playdough ice cream maker. We put it in the bathroom. She would look at it and talk about it a lot, but knew she couldn't have it until she pooped in the potty. It didn't happen for a few days, but finally she couldn't hold out and really wanted the toy. Now, she's pooping on the potty like a champ. But still not at daycare. We're contemplating another big prize for that, but are holding off just yet. Good luck.

My Travels